Why Last Word Designs? ...
Because we understand that your website is your online calling card. It shouldn't suck, should always look great on mobile devices, and should be easy for "your people." to find what they're looking for.
What makes you guys different? ...
The biggest difference between Last Word Designs and “the other guys” is that we build our sites on the Squarespace platform. Many (although certainly not all!) designers are still using the Wordpress platform. We’ve used both, and strongly believe Squarespace is the better choice for a few reasons:
(1) Wordpress was first and foremost intended to be a blogging platform. Yes, skilled designers and coders can work some amazing magic to transform it into a “regular” website, but this requires too many “workarounds” for our tastes.
(2) Squarespace is easier for “us mortals” to update. You’re able to easily change colors, fonts, layout and page design without having to know a lick of code. The number one complaint we hear from clients isn’t that they don’t like their site, it’s that they have a hard time keeping it current. Squarespace ensures that you can easily keep your newest book release front and center!
(3) No pesky plug-ins. Squarespace comes “out of the box” with all of its features. No more having to find the right plugin for social media icons, newsletter box sign-ups, announcement bars, etc.
Will you create a logo for me? ...
Yes! Unless you already have a logo you'd like us to use, logo creation is included in our pricing. We'll also provide some options on a color scheme to ensure your branding is on point.
(note: for authors and "personalities" (comedians, musicians, etc), we highly recommend non-fussy logos. Meaning, just your first and last name, no goofy graphics or gimmicks. However, if you want a unicorn, we can do that too.
How much does your website design cost?
We have three tiers of pricing:
- Author Websites - starting at $1,500
- Comedian Websites - starting at $500
- Everyone Else - Starting at $2,000
The exact price depends on the complexity of the project; custom code, custom graphics, and if you're an author, how many books you have.
(We buy all of our clients a one-year Squarespace subscription. Clients are responsible for the annual subscription after the first year ($12 or $18 per month, depending on the size of your site.)
I already have a URL. Can you transfer it? ...
I don’t have website yet / I want to change my domain name. Can you do that? ...
Absolutely. In fact, Squarespace includes a free domain name with their annual subscription, so if you want a new website URL (example, YourNameBooks.com) we can set that up for you!
Can I pay with credit card? ...
Absolutely! We accept all major credit cards. In fact, we only accept credit card - no personal checks, please!
Do I have to pay the entire cost all at once? ...
No. You'll pay in two installments: half of the total cost upon booking, and then half upon project completion.
What is your turnaround time for your premade and custom websites? ...
It depends on our workload. As of January 2017, it takes us an average of three 2-3 weeks from the time you book us until the site's live.